UPSC Geologist Exam 2016: UPSC has released the notification for combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist 2016 exam. Geologist exam application process has come to end now; last date of application form was 4 March 2016. Interested candidates could apply of the Group-A post of the Geologist, Geophysicist and Chemist for the Geological Survey of the India and Junior Hydrologist in the central ground water board. Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist exam will commence on 13 May 2016, to be conducted for a span of 3 days.
Important Dates: UPSC Geologist Exam 2016
|1||Release of Online Application Form||6 February 2016|
|2||Last Date of Online Application Form||4 March 2016|
|3||Issue of Admit Card||30 April 2016|
|4||Written Exam||13 May 2016|
|5||Written Exam Result||August 2016|
|7||Final Result||End of September 2016|
Number of the Vacancies
|Geological Survey Of India||Geologist, Group A||121 Posts|
|Geophysicist, Group A||56 Posts|
|Chemist, Group A||29 Posts|
|Central Ground Water Board||Jr. Hydro Geologists (Scientist B)||2 Posts|
UPSC Geologist Eligibility Criteria 2016 (Read Article)
- Geologists, Group A – Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration from any recognized university.
- Geophysicist, Group A – M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from any recognized university.
- Chemist, Group A – M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from any recognized university.
- Junior Hydro Geologists (Scientist B) – Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from any recognized university.
- For Geological Survey of India – Minimum 21 years & Maximum 32 years.
- For Central Ground Water Board – Minimum 21 years & Maximum 35 years.
UPSC Geologist Application Form 2016 (Read Article)
- Applying application Form – online application form available on UPSC official website (upsconline.nic.in). Application form process will be start on 6 February 2016, and last date will be 4 March 2016. Candidates are required completing the Online Application Form containing two stages Part-I and Part-II.
- Mode of Payment – The candidates are required to pay fee of Rs.200/- (SC/ST/PH/Female candidates, no need to pay any fee) by depositing the money in any branch of SBI, or by using net banking facility or credit/debit card.
UPSC Geologist Selection Process 2016
- Written Exam
UPSC Geologist Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2016 (Read Article)
In UPSC Geologist exam there is one General English paper which is compulsory and common for all 4 categories and 3 compulsory papers on Geology Geophysics, Chemistry and Hydrogeology subjects. UPSC Combined Geo Scientist/Geologists examination will be subjective type. Each Combined Geo Scientist/Geologists papers carry 200 marks expect General English it carry 100 marks.
UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2016 (Read Article)
Candidates can download their e-admit card at UPSC website (upsc.gov.in). UPSC will issue an e-admit card, two weeks before the examination. Candidates must bring their admit card at examination venue, otherwise candidates will not be allowed to examination hall.
UPSC Geologist Cut Off 2016 (Read Article)
UPSC will release the cut off for Geologist exam 2016 on its official website. Cut off is minimum qualifying standard/marks. Those candidates, who score below then cut off marks, would be rejected. The cut off may be released in the month of July 2016.
UPSC Geologist Result 2016 (Read Article)
UPSC will publish the Result on its official website. The result of written exam will be announced in the month of August 2016 and interview will take place in the month of September 2016 and the final result will be released in end of September 2016. Finally selected candidates will be appointed for various posts/services.
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about UPSC Geologist Exam 2016. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!