Tandoori Chicken Recipe: No non-veg lover can ignore tandoori chicken. Tandoori chicken is always a great starter for parties, special occasion or family & friends gathering. It’s super delicious taste, juicy chicken, flavours of Indian spices; tartness of lemon and the vibrant colour combination is very mouth watering. Tandoori chicken is worldwide famous dish & it has put up India on the global food map. In this recipe article, we will learn how to make tandoori chicken at home with the help of oven.
Tandoori Chicken Recipe: Some Details
- Cuisine Type: Indian
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 5 People
Tandoori Chicken Recipe: Ingredients
For Tandoori Chicken:
- Whole Chicken – 1 kg (cut into 10 pieces)
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
For Tandoori Chicken Masala:
- Cinnamon Sticks – 1 inch long
- Black Pepper – 6 to 8
- Green Cardamom – 3
- Black cardamom – 3
- Mace (Javitri) – 1
- Nutmeg (Jaayaphal) – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Cloves – 3
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Turmeric Powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Paste – 4 teaspoon
- Ginger and Garlic Paste – 3 tablespoon
- Tandoori Chicken Masala – 2 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Curd – ½ cup
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
For Green Chutney:
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 200 gm
- Mint Leaves – 15 to 20 leaves
- Green Chilli – 3
- Garlic Cloves – 2
- Lemon Juice – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Water – 4 to 5 tablespoon
- Lemon – 1 slice
- Raw Onions – 3 slices (separated into rings)
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Method – How to Make Tandoori Chicken Masala
Step 1 – Do dry roast mace (javitri), cinnamon sticks, nutmeg (jaayaphal), black pepper, green cardamom, black cardamom, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf and turmeric powder.
Step 2 – Now grind the roasted spices and store in an air tight container.
Method – How to Marinade Tandoori Chicken
Step 1 – Make cuts with a sharp knife on the chicken breast, legs etc and keep aside.
Step 2 – Now take a large bowl and add curd, red chilli paste, ginger and garlic paste, tandoori chicken masala, oil, salt and lemon juice & mix well.
Step 3 – Now rub this marinade mixture all over the chicken and keep aside for 5 to 6 hour at room temperature.
Method – How to Make Tandoori Chicken with Oven
Step 1 – Preheat the oven at 200°C for 10-15 minutes.
Step 2 – Line an oven tray with foil, put marinade chicken on the tray and bake for 232°C for 25 to 30 minutes.
Step 3 – Now turn off the oven, and let the chicken rest in the closed oven for 10 minute more.
Step 4 – Now tandoori chicken is ready.
Method – How to Make Green Chutney
Step 1 – Take a blender jar and put in coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt, cumin seeds and water now blend it until it become thick smooth paste.
Step 2 – Now move the chutney in a bowl and green chutney is ready.
Serving Tandoori Chicken
- Sprinkle the chaat masala on top of tandoori chicken. (Optional)
- Garnish the tandoori chicken with slice of lemon, slice of raw onions and serve with green chutney.
Tips to Make Tandoori Chicken
- If you have time then marinate the chicken overnight for more flavour.
- You can also use ready-made tandoori chicken masala.
We hope you like, this tandoori chicken recipe your queries are welcome and stay connected with us for updates. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!