SSC SI CAPF Exam Pattern Syllabus 2017: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the SI CAPF Paper-1 Exam in March 2017. Candidates who are appearing in SSC SI CAPF exam must know the exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus to perform well in the exam. On the basis of the performance in Paper-1, candidates will be short-listed for the Physical Endurance Test (PET)/PST & Medical test. And only those candidates who clear the Physical Endurance Test (PET)/ PST and medical test will be eligible for paper-2.
SSC SI CAPF Selection Procedure 2017
SSC SI CAPF selection process divided into 3 steps:
- 1st Step: Written Test (Paper-1) (Objective Type) (200 Marks)
- 2nd Step: Physical Endurance Test (PET), PST and Medical Test
- 3rd Step: Written Test (Paper-2) (Objective Type) (200 Marks)
SSC SI CAPF Paper-1 Exam Pattern 2017
- Paper-1 consist 4 parts namely (A)-General Intelligence and Reasoning, (B)-General Knowledge and General Awareness, (C) – Quantitative Aptitude, (D) English Comprehension.
- Each part carries 50 questions and 50 marks; duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- In paper-1 negative marking of 0.25 marks will be made for each incorrect answer but there is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
- Paper-1 is objective type, set also in Hindi for part A, B & C.
Summary: SSC SI CAPF Paper-1 Exam Pattern 2017
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Max. Marks||Exam Duration|
|A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|B||General Knowledge and|
Physical Endurance Test / PET (For all posts)
Physical Endurance Test (PET) is for all posts. This test is just qualifying in nature and it will not carry any marks, but still it is necessary to pass for further selection process:
|For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
Medical Test (For all posts)
- Eye Sight: The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without wearing specs.
- Candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and should possess high colour vision.
- Candidates must be in good mental condition and free from any physical defect.
SSC SI CAPF Paper-2 Exam Pattern 2017
- Paper-2 is about English language & Comprehension.
- Paper-2 carries 200 questions and 200 marks; duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- In paper-2 negative marking of 0.25 marks will be made for each incorrect answer but there is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
- Paper-2 will be objective type and question paper will be set in English only.
Summary: SSC SI CAPF Paper-2 Exam Pattern 2017
|Subject||Max. Marks / Questions||Exam Duration|
|English Language & Comprehension||200 marks / 200 questions||2 Hours|
SSC SI CAPF Paper-1 Exam Syllabus 2017
Part A – General Intelligence & Reasoning: (50 Questions)
It would include questions of verbal and non- verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, and Symbolic/Number 9 Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion, Indexing Address matching, Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence.
Part B – General Awareness: (50 Questions)
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc.
Part C – Quantitative Aptitude: (50 Questions)
The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
Part D – English Comprehension: (50 Questions)
Candidate’s ability to understand correct English, his/her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
SSC SI CAPF Paper-2 Exam Syllabus 2017
English Language & Comprehension: (200 Questions)
Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc.
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about SSC SI CAPF Exam Pattern Syllabus 2017. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!