SSC MTS 2016: Staff Selection Commission will conduct a competitive examination for recruitment of the candidates for the post of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff, Group “C” Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/Offices, in different States/Union Territories.
SSC MTS 2016: Important Dates
|1||Release of Application form||8 October 2016|
|2||Last Date of Application form||7 November 2016|
|3||Issue of admit card for Paper-1 Exam||December 2016|
|4||Paper-1 Exam||8 & 22 January 2017|
|5||Paper-1 Exam Result||April 2017|
|6||Paper-2 Exam||May 2017|
|7||Final Result||June 2017|
SSC MTS Recruitment 2016: Details
- Name of the Exam: SSC MTS 2016
- Full Form of SSC MTS: Staff Selection Commission / Multi Tasking Staff
- Exam Conducting Body: Staff Selection Commission
- Exam Level: All India
- Exam Mode: Offline
- SSC MTS Salary 2016: Grade Pay – Rs. 1800 / Rs. 20,200
SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria 2016
- Citizen of India, or
- Subject of Nepal, or
- Subject of Bhutan, or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries such as Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification: Minimum 10th passed from a recognized board.
Age Limit: 18 to 25 years, age relaxation will be provided to the reserved category candidates.
|S.No||Category||Max. Age Limit|
|9||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(GEN)||30 years|
|10||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(OBC)||33 years|
|11||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(SC/ST)||35 years|
Note: Date of birth as recorded in the secondary school certificate or an equivalent certificate will be accepted by the commission.
SSC MTS Application Form 2016
SSC MTS Application form 2016 will be released on 8 October 2016. Interested and eligible candidates can apply. Application form will be available in online mode & offline mode. Online application form will be available at SSC official website (ssc.online.nic.in) and those candidates, who want to submit the offline application form, can download and take a print out of the application form.
Application Fee / Mode of Payment (Online and Offline)
- Offline Application: Candidates have to pay a fee of Rs.100 through CRF stamps which can be bought from the post office. There is no fee for female candidates and reserved category candidates.
- Online Application: Candidates have to pay fee of Rs. 100, candidates can pay application fee through e-challan at any SBI branch, net banking and any credit/debit cards. (SC/ ST/ Female / PH category aspirants no need to pay any fee).
SSC MTS Selection Procedure 2016
Selection process includes two steps:
- Written Examination: Paper-1 will have objective type questions.
- Skill Test: Paper-2 will be only qualifying in nature.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2016
- There shall be two papers i.e. Paper -1 and Paper – 2.
- Paper-1 will be objective type.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Paper-1 question paper will be set both in English & Hindi.
- Paper- 2 will be descriptive in nature and it is qualifying in nature.
- Paper – 2 will be comprised of a Short Essay/Letter to be written in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
- Paper-2 is intended to test the elementary language skills of the candidates.
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Mins.|
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes||45 minutes|
SSC MTS Exam Syllabus 2016
Part-A: General Intelligence
It would include questions of non-verbal type. The test will include questions on similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate‘s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
Part-B: English Language
Candidates’ understanding of the Basics of English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/her writing ability would be tested.
Part-C: Numerical Aptitude
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Part-D: General Awareness
Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‘s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
SSC MTS Admit Card 2016
SSC MTS admit card will be hosted on regional websites of SSC. SSC MTS admit card will be publishing in the month of December 2016. Those candidates who apply online have to download their admit card from commission website and admit card will send through post to those candidates who applied offline, however they can also download their admit card from the commission’s website.
SSC MTS Answer Key 2016
Answer key is the collection of all the answers asked in the exam. SSC MTS answer key will be released after the exam on the official website of SSC for all the sets of the question paper and candidates can use them accordingly.
SSC MTS Cut Off 2016
Commission will set the minimum qualifying marks in both the Papers i.e. paper-1 and paper-2. Candidates shall be short-listed for the Paper-2 on the basis of their performance in Paper-1.
SSC MTS Result 2016
SSC will release MTS exam result on its official website, result will be in the “PDF” format in that PDF file candidates need to search their name and roll number. MTS paper-1 exam result will be released in the month of April 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be called for paper-2. After paper-2, final result will be released in the month of June 2017. After final result, candidates will be appointed for the MTS posts.
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about SSC MTS 2016 Exam. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!