Mutton Kabab Recipe: Kabab (also kabob, kebab) is very popular dish in north India. Kabab actually originated in Turkey. The word “Kabab” derived from Arabic word “Cabob” which means burn. They are one of the most popular grills around the world. Kabab has many variations like kakori kabab, shami kabab, seekh kabab, chapli kabab and world famous lucknowi tunday kabab. Today we are going to make mutton kabab so let’s see how to make mutton Kabab at home.
Mutton Kabab Recipe: Some Details
- Cuisine Type: Indian
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
Mutton Kabab Recipe: Ingredients
For Mutton Kabab Masala:
- Mace (Javitri) – 2
- Poppy Seeds (Khus Khus) – 1 tablespoon
- Dry Red Chilli – 2
- Bay leave – 2
- Green Cardamoms – 6
- Black Cardamoms – 3
- Black pepper- 5 to 6
- Cloves – 4
- Cumin Seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds – 2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch long
For Mutton Kabab:
- Mutton Mince – 500 gm
- Onion (chopped) – 2 medium size
- Ginger Paste – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoon
- Green chillies (chopped) – 6 to 10
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 4 tablespoon
- Kabab Masala – 2 tablespoons (prepared)
- Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves – 50 gm
- Mint Leaves – 1 bunch
- Salt – 2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – as required to shallow frying Kabab
For Green Chutney:
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 200 gm
- Mint Leaves – 15 to 20 leaves
- Green Chilli – 3
- Garlic Cloves -2
- Lemon Juice – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Water – 4 to 5 tablespoon
- Lemon – 1 slice
- Raw Onions – 3 slices (separated into rings)
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
Method – How to Make Mutton Kabab Masala
Step 1 – Dry roast mace (javitri), poppy seeds (khus-khus), dry red chilli, bay leave, green cardamoms, black cardamoms, black pepper, cloves, jeera, coriander seeds and cinnamon stick.
Step 2 – Grind all roasted spices and store in air tight container.
Method – How to Make Mutton Kabab
Step 1 – In a bowl add mutton mince, ginger paste, garlic paste, kabab masala, turmeric powder and mix well.
Step 2 – Add fine chopped onions, green chilli, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
Step 3 – Add gram flour (besan) and salt in it and mix well.
Step 4 – Now let the mutton mince mixture rest about 1 hour at room temperature.
Step 5 – Take 2 tablespoons of the mutton mince mixture on your palm.
Step 6 – Roll it between your palms and make a ball.
Step 7 – Press the ball between your palms and flatten it.
Step 8 – Make all Kabab like this.
Step 9 – Heat up the oil in pan and shallow fry the Kabab, cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until they got golden brown.
Step 10 – Mutton Kabab is ready now.
Method- How to Make Green Chutney
Step 1 – Take a blender jar and put coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt, cumin seeds and water, now blend it until it become thick smooth paste.
Step 2 – Now move the chutney in a bowl.
Step 3 – Green chutney is ready.
Serving Mutton Kabab
- Sprinkle the chaat masala on top of mutton Kabab.
- Garnish the mutton Kabab with slice of lemon, slices of raw onions and serve with green chutney.
Tips to Make Mutton Kabab
- Marinate mutton mince mixture overnight at refrigerator to soak up all the wonderful flavours. If you don’t have time, you can also marinate mutton mince mixture for 1 hour at room temperature.
- You can also make mutton mince at home. Take food processor put boneless mutton pieces in it and make mutton mince.
We hope you like, this mutton Kabab recipe your queries are welcome and stay connected with us for updates. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!