MU OET 2017: Manipal University conducts MU OET for admissions to undergraduate B. Tech engineering courses at three institutes which are Manipal Institute of Technology (Manipal, Karnataka), Manipal University (Jaipur, Rajasthan) and Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (Sikkim, India). Manipal University has released the online application form for MU OET 2017 Exam, complete details about MU OET 2017 Exam are given below.
MU OET 2017: Important Dates
|1||Release of Online Application Form||22 October 2016|
|2||Last Date of Registration||March 2017|
|3||Exam Slot Booking Schedule||March 2017|
|4||Release of Admit Card of MU OET 2017||April 2017|
|5||Date of MU OET 2017 Exam||April-May 2017|
|6||Release of MU OET 2017 Result||May 2017|
|7||Online Registration for Counselling Round-1||1st Week of June 2017|
|8||Round-1 Seat Allotment Result||2nd Week of June 2017|
|9||Online Registration for Counselling Round-2||1st Week of July 2017|
|10||Round-2 Seat Allotment Result||1st Week of July 2017|
|11||Online Registration for Counselling Round-3||2nd Week July 2017|
|12||Round-3 Seat Allotment Result||3rd Week of July 2017|
|13||Online Registration for Counselling Round-4||4th Week July 2017|
|14||Round-4 Seat Allotment Result||End of July 2017|
MU OET 2017: Details
- Name of Exam: MU OET 2017
- Full Form of MU OET: Manipal University (MU) Online Entrance Test (OET)
- Exam Conducting Body: Manipal University
- Exam Level: University Level
- Exam Mode: Online
- Total Number of B. Tech Seats in MU OET 2017: 2,160
MU OET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Applicant must have passed 12th standard.
- In 12th class Applicant should have minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Mathematics and one of these subjects such as Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology.
- Applicant must have 5 subjects in 12th class (1 English, 2 Mathematics, 3 Physics 4 Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology and 5 any other subject)
MU OET 2017 Application Form
Applicants can apply thru online mode only. Online Application form will be available on the official website of Manipal University.
Mode of Application Fee Payment:
- Online Mode: If applicants want to submit their application fee thru online mode, they have to choose credit/debit card or net banking option. Applicants have to pay Rs. 1600.
- Offline Mode: If applicants want to submit their application fee thru offline mode, they have to choose Demand Draft option. Applicants have to make the payment thru the demand draft, in the favour of “Manipal University” payable at Udupi or Manipal. Applicants need to pay Rs. 1600.
Note: In case of offline payment, applicants required to courier the print copy of the completed application form along with DD to “The Director, Admission, Manipal University, Manipal-576104”.
MU OET 2017 Exam Slot Booking
Applicants need to book their exam schedule in Online Test Booking System (OTBS). Slot Booking is the procedure in which an applicant chooses the most suitable day and time for exam out of already declared exam dates. To book an exam slot applicants need to visit “www.manipalotbs.com” and then applicants need to login with their application number and password. After confirming the exam booking, the exam centre, time and date cannot be changed. If applicants don’t book any slot then he/she will not be able to appear in the exam.
MU OET 2017 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Questions will be objective type.
- There will be 4 sections namely: (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics and (4) General English.
- There will be 200 questions and duration of exam will be 2 hours & 30 minutes.
- Distribution of Questions: Physics (50 Questions), Chemistry (50 Questions), Mathematics (70 Questions), English & General Aptitude (30 Questions).
MU OET 2017 Admit Card
Applicants need to download their admit card online. Admit card will be available at Manipal University website. After successfully booking of the exam slot applicants will be able to download their admit card. Without admit card applicants will not be allowed to enter in the examination centre. No admit card will be sent thru posts.
MU OET 2017 Cut Off
MU OET 2017 cut off is the closing rank of that branch. Manipal University take admissions on the basis of rank which is based on marks secured by the applicants. Based on applicant’s rank, seat will be offered. Manipal University will not issue any minimum qualifying marks for admission. Rank will be prepared on the basis of applicant’s performance in exam.
MU OET 2017 Result
University will release the MU OET 2017 result. Applicants can check their result online only. To check the result, Applicants may follow below steps:
- First of all, applicants need to visit official website of Manipal University.
- Enter the Application Number.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Now check and download the displayed result.
MU OET 2017 Counselling Procedure
Manipal University will conduct the counselling. Manipal University will conduct four rounds of counselling. Physical presence of the applicant at the counselling centre is mandatory; if applicant is not able to present then he/she may authorize someone to represent him/her at the counselling centre.
MU OET Participating Institutes
- Manipal Institute of Technology (Manipal, Karnataka)
- Manipal University (Jaipur, Rajasthan)
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (Sikkim)
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about MU OET 2017 Exam. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!