JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2017: Applicants must know the eligibility criteria before applying JEE main. CBSE conducts JEE main in order to get admissions to undergraduate engineering programmes at NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. JEE Main is also the first stage examination for admissions to prestigious IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and ISM (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad. The top 2,20,000 applicants of JEE Main paper-1 will be eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced exam, which is the second stage of entrance test for admissions to IITs and ISM. This article will help applicants to know about the eligibility criteria of JEE Main such as educational qualification, age limit, number of attempts, etc.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2017: Details
- Age Limit: applicant should not be born before 1 October 1992. And the age limit for the SC/ST/PwD applicants is 1 October 1987.
Note: Date of birth as recorded in the secondary school certificate (10th class) will be considered only.
- Educational Qualification:
|S.No.||Course||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|1||B.E / B.TECH|
|2||B.Arch. / B.Planning|
- Year of Appearance for Class 12th or Equivalent Examination: Only those applicants, who have passed their class 12th exam or any other equivalent examination in 2015 or 2016; or those applicants, who are appearing in their class 12th exam or any other equivalent examination in 2017, are eligible to appear in Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017.
- Number of Subjects in Class 12th or Equivalent Examination: Applicants must have taken at-least five subjects in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- Number of Attempts: Only 3 attempts applicants can make for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main.
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2017. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!