JEE Main Counselling 2017: Joint Seat Allocation Authority, commonly known as JOSAA will conduct the counselling for admissions in IITs, ISM Dhanbad, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes). Applicants can fill their choices as per the specified schedule, which will be declared shortly. JEE Main counselling procedure details are given below.
JEE Main Counselling 2017: Procedure
Stage 1 – Online Registration for Counselling
- Access the official website of JOSAA.
- Enter all the asked details: name, category, date of birth, address, and bank details.
- Pay the counselling fee via-challan or debit/credit card.
Stage 2 – Online Choice Filling and Locking
- Log in your account and begin with choice filling round.
- Mark options of colleges and courses.
- Make choices carefully, choices once locked will not be changed.
- Choice locking will be done after each round of counselling.
- Candidates can mark upgraded choices in successive rounds of choice filling and locking process.
Stage 3 – Seat Allotments and Document Authentication
- Allotment will be done on the basis of AIR, reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- There will be multiple rounds of counselling and seat allotment.
- After allotted, candidate has to report to the RC as per the schedule.
- Proceed to pay the fees to confirm the allotment of seat.
- Get all the documents checked by the officials.
- A provisional admission letter will be issued on completion of this process.
Stage 4 – Reporting to Allotted Institute
- Candidate must report to the allotted institute with all the documents and certificates. Failed to produce documents, in that case seat will be cancelled.
JEE Main Counselling 2017: Necessary Documents
- Recent Passport Size Photograph.
- Character Certificate.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of JEE Main Admit Card 2017
- Copy of JEE Main Rank Card 2017
- Class 10th & 12th Mark Sheet / Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- One Copy of Confirmation Page.
JEE Main Counselling 2017: Vital Information
- Candidates who scored equal or above to set cut off marks are only eligible for online registration and choice filling.
- Seat allocation will be based on candidate’s choices and All India Rank in JEE main.
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian School of Mines (ISM) admissions will be based on JEE Advanced 2017.
Freeze, Float and Slide Options:
- Freeze: Candidate accept the offered seat and indicated that he/she is satisfied with the allocated seat/academic program and doesn’t want to participate in further rounds of counselling.
- Float: Candidates accepts the offered seat and indicated that if admission offered from better/higher preference Institute they will accept the same; else they will continue with the current one.
- Slide: Candidates accept the offered seat and indicated that if they get better academic program within the current accepted Institute they will accept the same.
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about JEE Main Counselling 2017. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!