IES Exam 2016: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Engineering Services Examination (ESE) or Indian Engineering Services (IES) for recruitment for the posts or services of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. Recently UPSC announced schedule of 2016 Engineering Services Exam (ESE). Official notification has been released & candidates may apply now and Exam will be commenced on 27 May 2016, IES exam will be conducted for a span of 3 days.
Important Dates: IES Exam 2016
|1||Issues of application form||27 February 2016|
|2||Last date of application form||25 March 2016|
|3||Issues of admit card||1st week of May 2016|
|4||Date of the IES exam||27 May 2016|
|5||Announcement of IES exam result||August 2016|
|7||Declaration of final result||November 2016|
IES Eligibility Criteria 2016 (Read Article)
- Qualification required – Candidates must graduate in Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) from a recognised university or M.Sc degree or a degree/diploma in Engineering from any foreign University/ College/Institution recognized by the Government of India.
- Age Limit – Candidate’s minimum age is 21 year and maximum age is 30 year. Age relaxation provided to certain categories.
IES Application Form 2016 (Read Article)
Applying for Indian Engineering Services – Interested and eligible candidates can apply. Online application form is available on UPSC official website. Candidates can submit their application form through online mode only. Application process has been started and will be end by 25 March 2016.
• Mode of payment – Aspirants have to pay application fee of Rs.200/- (SC/ ST/ Female / PH category aspirants no need to pay any fee). Two mode of payment- 1st is cash payment through challan from any SBI branch and 2nd is online payment through Net banking or credit/debit card.
IES Selection Process 2016
Candidates will be selected after following process, selection process divided into 2 stages:
- Written Examination (offline mode)
IES Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2016 (Read Article)
Union Public Service Commission has published new exam pattern of Engineering Services Examination. The exam will be held in a span of three days.
- First paper is General Ability Test which consists 2 parts i.e. General English and General Studies. It is objective in nature.
- Second paper is objective paper from engineering disciplines which chosen by candidates.
- Third paper is Conventional Paper from engineering disciplines which chosen by candidates.
IES Admit Card 2016 (Read Article)
UPSC will issue Admit card at its official website. Admit card will be released before three weeks of exam. Candidates must bring their printed admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. UPSC will not send the admit card by mail post to candidates, only online download is available.
IES Cut Off 2016 (Read Article)
Cut off is the minimum marks needed to clear the exam. Those candidates’ score below the cut-off will be rejected. It is necessary to clear all papers for further selection process. In finals, allotment of various Services/Posts shall be made on the basis of the ranks scored by the candidates.
IES Result 2016 (Read Article)
The result of written exam will be announced in the month of August 2016 and after the interview, final result will be published in the month of November 2016. Final selected candidates will be appointed for Indian Engineering Services.
Queries and Information
If candidates want further information they can contact UPSC over telephone on 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 between 10:00 am to 05:00 pm.
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about IES EXAM 2016. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!