IES ISS Exam 2016: UPSC conducts the Indian Economic and Indian Statistical Services exam (IES/ISS). Those candidates who want to make their career in statistics and economics; this is the best opportunity to pursue. UPSC has released the notification for IES/ISS exam and the last date of application has come to end. The exam will be commenced on 13 May 2016 and it will be continued for 3 days. Total number of vacancies of Indian Economic Services is 15 & 13 vacancies for Indian Statistical Services.
Important Dates: IES ISS Exam 2016
|1||Issues of application form||16 January 2016|
|2||Last date of application form||12 February 2016|
|3||Release of admit card||4 March 2016|
|4||IES/ISS exam||13 May 2016|
|5||IES/ISS exam results||July 2016|
|6||Interview||1st week of August 2016|
|7||Announcement of final results||End of August 2016|
IES ISS Eligibility Criteria 2016 (Read Article)
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- For IES Exam – candidate must have a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from any recognized university or possess equivalent qualification.
- For ISS Exam – candidate must hold Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from any recognized university or possess equivalent qualification.
- Age Limit – Minimum 21 years & Maximum 30 years.
IES ISS Application Form 2016 (Read Article)
- Applying Application form – The Online Applications form will start from 16 January 2016, and last date will be 12 February 2016. Candidates need to visit the UPSC official website (upsconline.nic.in). Candidates are requested to fill & submit the Part-1 and Part 2 online forms. Once the candidate successfully submits online application forms, candidates will be received an auto generated email about the successful submission of their online application forms.
- Mode of payment – Aspirants have to pay application fee of Rs.200/- (SC/ ST/ Female / PH category aspirants no need to pay any fee). Payment of application fee can be done by two ways- online mode and offline mode. Offline payment can be paid by any SBI branch through challan and of online payment can be done by net bank or credit/debit card.
IES ISS Selection Process 2016
Candidates will be selected after following process-
- Written Exam
IES ISS Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2016 (Read Article)
Union Public Service Commission has published new exam pattern for IES/ISS exam.
- Indian Economic Services (IES) exam contains 6 papers – General English and General Studies, General Economics-I, General Economics-II, General Economics-III and Indian Economics.
- Indian Statistical Services (ISS) exam contains 6 papers – General English and General Studies, Statics-I, Statics-II, Statics-III and Statics-IV.
- Each paper carry 200 marks except General English and General Studies it carry 100 marks.
- There is negative marking, deduction of 1/3rd marks for each wrong answer (for objective papers only).
- Medium of Exam is “English” only.
IES ISS Admit Card 2016 (Read Article)
Candidates can download their e-admit card on UPSC official website. E-admit card will be released by 4 March 2016. No physical Admit Cards will be sent by the post. If candidates find any error on the admit card, they may contact the UPSC authority for rectification the same.
IES ISS Cut Off 2016 (Read Article)
The cut off will be released by the Commission. Cut off is a minimum marks which every candidates have to score to go further for selection process. Those candidates score below then cut off marks will be rejected. Candidates who clear all the papers would be able to appear for final round which is Interview round, after crack interview candidates will be selected for various Services and Posts. (On the basis of the ranks scored by the candidates)
IES ISS Result 2016 (Read Article)
The exam results will be published by UPSC on its official website. The result of written exam will be announced in the month of July 2016, and after the interview held in the month of August 2016. The final result will be released in the end of August 2016.
Queries and Information
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their application, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC. Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 (Call on working days between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.)
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about IES/ISS Exam 2016. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!