IAS Exam 2016: The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a Pan India competitive examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various civil services for the Government of India including Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Revenue Service, Engineering Services Examination, etc. Civil services exam is very reputed and toughest exam held in India. UPSC announced schedule for civil services 2016. IAS preliminary exam will be held on 7th August 2016, and IAS main exam will take place on 3rd December 2016.
Important Dates: IAS 2016 Exam
|1||Release of Online Application Form||29 April 2016|
|2||Last date of Online Application Form||27 May 2016|
|3||Release of Prelims Admit Card||10 July 2016|
|4||IAS Preliminary Exam||7 August 2016|
|5||Preliminary Exam Result||7 September 2016|
|6||IAS Main Exam||3 December 2016|
|7||Main Exam Result||5 February 2017|
|8||Interviews||25 February 2017|
IAS Eligibility Criteria 2016 (Read Article)
- Qualification required: The candidate must hold a minimum bachelor degree of any stream from any recognized university and those candidates who awaiting for their result also eligible for preliminary exam. But they have to give proof of passing graduation before the appear in main exam of civil services.
Numbers of attempts for Civil Services
• GEN – 6 times
• OBC – 9 times
• ST/SC – Up to age limit
IAS Application Form 2016 (Read Article)
Applying for Civil Services Examination – Candidates can get application form from official website of UPSC. The application form will be accepted through online only. Application process has started on 29 April 2016 and will be closed on 27 May 2016. Candidates will be fill the form in two stages; In 1st Stage Candidates will be required to fill their personal details, and in 2nd stage candidates will have to make payment for application fee.
Mode of payment – Cash payment at any branch of SBI, net banking, or through debit card/credit card.
IAS Selection Process 2016
Candidates will be selected after following process:
- Prelims Written Exam (Objective Type)
- Mains Written Exam (Subjective Type)
IAS Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2016 (Read Article)
Examination is conducted in two phases-
- Preliminary examination – it consist of two exam papers both are objective and each paper carry 200 marks. General studies paper 1 includes history, geography, polity, economics, IR & IS, ethics, integrity and aptitude science and technology and social issues and General studies paper 2 includes quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, data interpretation and decision making. There is a negative marking for wrong answers & 1/3 marks deduction will be made from correct answer, there will be no negative marking for the unanswered questions.
- Mains Examination – only those candidates who qualified civil services prelims exam are eligible for civil services mains examinations. Main exam consist of 9 papers out of which two papers are only qualifying in nature & merit will be made on seven papers & out of 7 papers, 5 papers will be common & 2 papers will be chosen by the candidate.
IAS Admit Card 2016 (Read Article)
The admit card issued at UPSC official site (upsc.gov.in) or candidates may click & download their admit card from direct link hosted by CareerMantri.Com. The admit card is issued for both preliminary exam and main exam. Candidates have to download their admit card / hall ticket and take a print out. All candidates please bring your admit card at the time of Examination.
IAS Answer key 2016 (Read Article)
Candidate can analyse their performance and calculate their approx marks. The answer key of IAS 2016 is issued on official website. Answer key publish for only objective papers, candidates can download the answer key on this website.
IAS Cut Off 2016 (Read Article)
Cut off mark means minimum eligible marks for qualify. Candidates are short-listed for next level of selection cut off will be issued at official website. Cut off will be applied for all stages i.e. Preliminary exam, Main Exam and interview.
IAS Result 2016 (Read Article)
The result declare by UPSC, UPSC will announced 3 results first result is for prelims exam after that candidates eligible for main exam after qualifying written main exam candidates appear for an interview. After that candidates finally selected for civil services. Candidates can check their results on this website.
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about IAS 2016 Exam. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!