IAS Exam 2018: The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a Pan India competitive examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various civil services for the Government of India including Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Revenue Service, Engineering Services Examination, etc. Civil services exam is very reputed and toughest exam held in India. UPSC has announced schedule for civil services 2018.
IAS 2018 Exam: Important Dates
|1||Release of Online Application Form||—|
|2||Last date of Online Application Form||—|
|3||Release of Prelims Admit Card||—|
|4||IAS Preliminary Exam||—|
|5||Preliminary Exam Result||—|
|6||IAS Main Exam||—|
|7||Main Exam Result||—|
IAS Eligibility Criteria 2018
- Qualification required: The candidate must hold a minimum bachelor degree of any stream from any recognized university and those candidates who awaiting for their result also eligible for preliminary exam. But they have to give proof of passing graduation before the appear in main exam of civil services.
Numbers of attempts for Civil Services
• GEN – 6 times
• OBC – 9 times
• ST/SC – Up to age limit
IAS Application Form 2018
Applying for Civil Services Examination – Candidates can get application form from official website of UPSC. The application form will be accepted through online only. Application process will be started soon. Candidates will be fill the form in two stages; In 1st Stage Candidates will be required to fill their personal details, and in 2nd stage candidates will have to make payment for application fee.
Mode of Payment: Cash payment at any branch of SBI, net banking, or through debit card/credit card.
IAS Selection Process 2018
Candidates will be selected after following process:
- Prelims Written Exam (Objective Type)
- Mains Written Exam (Subjective Type)
IAS Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2018
Examination is conducted in two phases:
- Preliminary Examination: it consist of two exam papers both are objective and each paper carry 200 marks. General studies paper 1 includes history, geography, polity, economics, IR & IS, ethics, integrity and aptitude science and technology and social issues and General studies paper 2 includes quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, data interpretation and decision making. There is a negative marking for wrong answers & 1/3 marks deduction will be made from correct answer, there will be no negative marking for the unanswered questions.
- Mains Examination: only those candidates who qualified civil services prelims exam are eligible for civil services mains examinations. Main exam consist of 9 papers out of which two papers are only qualifying in nature & merit will be made on seven papers & out of 7 papers, 5 papers will be common & 2 papers will be chosen by the candidate.
IAS Admit Card 2018
The admit card issued at UPSC official site (upsc.gov.in) or candidates may click & download their admit card from direct link hosted by CareerMantri.Com. The admit card is issued for both preliminary exam and main exam. Candidates have to download their admit card / hall ticket and take a print out. All candidates please bring your admit card at the time of Examination.
IAS Answer key 2018
Candidate can analyse their performance and calculate their approx marks. The answer key of IAS will be issued on official website. Answer key publish for only objective papers, candidates can download the answer key on this website.
IAS Cut Off 2018
Cut off mark means minimum eligible marks for qualify. Candidates are short-listed for next level of selection cut off will be issued at official website. Cut off will be applied for all stages i.e. Preliminary exam, Main Exam and interview.
IAS Result 2018
The result declare by UPSC, UPSC will announced 3 results first result is for prelims exam after that candidates eligible for main exam after qualifying written main exam candidates appear for an interview. After that candidates finally selected for civil services. Candidates can check their results on this website.
Stay connected with CareerMantri.Com for all latest and relevant updates about IAS 2018 Exam. You can find us on FACEBOOK…!!!